|Building and Zoning Division|
|Parks and Recreation|
|Division of Police|
3262 Ventura Blvd.
Grove City, OH 43123
Hours: M-F 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Trash Pickup/Recycling/Yard Waste
Solid Waste Collection
The City of Grove City currently contracts with Local Waste Services to provide weekly curbside collection of solid waste, recyclables and yard waste on the same day. Residents of Grove City and Jackson Township must use Local Waste Services for this collection. The service is billed quarterly, directly from Local Waste Services and can be started by calling 614-409-9375.
To determine your collection day, download the Trash Collection Schedule/Map.
November 2013: Trash and recycling collection services are delayed one day during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Thursday will be picked up Friday, Nov. 29 and Friday will be picked up Saturday, Nov. 30. The normal schedule resumes Monday, Dec. 2.
Senior residents can take advantage of a discounted rate. Residents who are head of the household and at least 62 years old must register for a 10-percent discount with a valid identification showing birth date and proof of residency, e.g. utility bill, etc., call 614-409-9375 for register.
Place refuse, recyclables, yard waste and items for special pickup at the curb between 6 p.m. the evening before and 6 a.m. the day of collections. Residents can use trash cans with lids or garbage bags; they must not weigh over 50 pounds. A 95-gallon cart on wheels is available for rent through Local Waste Services.
Local Waste Services does not collect large rocks, earth, concrete, explosives, poison, asphalt, auto parts, paint in liquid form, or commercial waste.
Residents are reminded that all containers should be taken to the curb no sooner than one day before collection and after collection of garbage and refuse, the householder shall within 24 hours, return such containers to the rear or other inconspicuous location on the lot, per Ordinance 725.07(a).
Local Waste Services observes the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. If a holiday falls on or before your collection day (Monday-Friday), service is delayed for one day that week only. If the holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, there will be no change to your regular, scheduled pick up.
Special consideration needs to me made for disposing of the following items:
- Latex paint - place lid-off with regular trash once paint has been hardened. To harden, remove lid, fill can with kitty litter and let dry. If very little paint is left in the can, remove lid and dry before placing at the curb.
- CFC (Freon) appliances - refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers' are collected for a per-item fee. Call Local Waste Services to schedule collection.
- Bulk items - non-Freon appliances are picked up at no additional charge on scheduled service day with at least a 24-hour notice. Remove the hinges to the door/lid of any airtight or semi-airtight container such as a refrigerator before placing outside.
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) - contact the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) at 614-871-5100 or www.swaco.org for collection dates and locations. Grove City is collection site for HHW in mid October.
- Tire collection - take to Liberty Tire at 3041 Jackson Pike, 614-871-8097. There is a nominal charge.
- Building Materials - it is the responsibility of the homeowner to have materials from any contracted services removed by the hired contractor.
Grove City's curbside recycling program is available for all homes, condominiums, and apartments of four families or less from which Local Waste Services collects refuse. A blue recycling bin may be obtained at the Grove City Service Department, 3262 Ventura Blvd., Monday-Friday, between 7 a.m.-4 p.m., or at City Hall, 4035 Broadway, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. If you have more recyclables than a blue bin will hold, you may get "recycling only" stickers to place on a larger container with a lid; two stickers per can.
Place all recyclables in the blue recycling bin or large container with stickers a few feet away from the regular refuse. Separation of items is not necessary; all recyclable are collected in one truck and sorted at the recycling center. Place your recycle bin at the curb no later than 6 a.m.
What You Can Recycle
- Fiber - Cardboard, newspaper, junk mail, magazines, computer paper, office paper, telephone books, and paperboard: cereal boxes and beverage boxes, pizza boxes with insert removed and no food waste.
- Aluminum - Beverage and food cans
- Steel - Soup and food cans
- Glass Bottles & Jars - Green, clear, blue and brown colors accepted
- Plastic - All bottles and jugs #1- #7
- These items are not acceptable - Oil jugs, plastic bags, plastics other than bottles and jugs, window and drinking glass, pots, pans, coat hangers, tissues and paint cans.
For more information on other items to be recycled go to www.swaco.org
Yard waste is accepted on normal trash days April through December. Yard waste should be placed in "brown yard waste only bags" or in containers labeled with the yellow "yard waste only" sticker; two stickers per container. The containers should weigh no more than 50 pounds.
Accepted yard waste includes grass, bush and shrub cuttings, leaves, garden growth and vines. Tree limbs or branches 4' in length and 1" in diameter or less may be bundled with twine or string. Do not use plastic or wire to enclose yard waste; these materials cannot be processed. Note: Christmas trees will be collected up to two weeks after Christmas. Please bring them to the curb, do not put them in plastic bags.
Please do not put dirt in bags or containers, Local Waste will not take this item. Yard waste bags may not be set out days before pickup. They can be put out the night before or the morning of your trash pickup. Residents are responsible for cleaning up the area if bags break due to weather issues or containers being too heavy.
If you have questions about trash, recycling or yard waste to the Grove City Service Department at 614-277-1100.